2016 - now Permanent researcher CNRS - LIP6, Sorbonne Université, France
2008 - 2016 Permanent researcher CNRS - LTCI, Telecom ParisTech, France
2007 - 2008 Postdoctoral researcher, IRIF (PPS), Université Paris Diderot, France
2004 - 2007 Assistant Professor, University of Tokyo, Japan
2017 HDR in computer science, Université Paris Diderot, France
2000 - 2004 PhD in theoretical pysics, Imperial College, UK
1996 - 2000 MPhys physics with study in Europe, University of Manchester, UK
1998 - 1999 Erasmus placement, department of physics, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
2017 - 2021 Prime d'encadrement doctoral de la recherche CNRS
2012 - now Honorary Fellow, Department of Informatics, University of Edinburgh, UK
Invited Lecture series:
- October 2020 'Introduction to quantum cryptography and quantum networks', University of Tokyo, Japan
- February 2016 ‘Measurement based quantum computation’, University of Bristol, UK
- July 2011 ‘Secret Sharing in a Quantum World’, Informatics, University of Edinburgh, UK
- March 2011 ‘Secret Sharing in a Quantum World’, DTC, Imperial College, UK
- Aug. 2007 ‘Entanglement Theory’ summer school, Kinki University, Japan
- 'Calcul et communications quantique' (2009 - present), M2 level, 18 hours, Télécom ParisTech.
- 'Quantum entanglement for communications' (2009 - present), ATHENS, Télécom ParisTech.
- 'Option communications quantiques' (2014-2017), option for masters Optiques, Matières et Plasmas, Université Paris Sud, Télécom ParisTech.
- 'Bases de la méchanique quantique' (2009 - 2016), M2 level, 9 hours, Télecom ParisTech.
- Quantum Mechanics (2005-2007) Undergraduate tutorial, University of Tokyo, Japan.
- Quantum Information Seminar (2004 - 2007) Undergraduate course with Prof. M. Murao, UT, Japan.
- General Physics (2004-2005) Undergraduate tutorial, University of Tokyo, Japan.
- Laboratory demonstration (2003) Undergraduate physics lab., with Dr R. Thompson,
Imperial College, UK.
- Classwork demonstration (2002) Quantum Mechs. with Prof. C. Isham, Imperial College,
- Responsable for the Quantum Information team in LIP6 since 2016
Organisation of scientific meetings
- Organiser, Workshop on Quantum Networks and Quantum Information, 30 participants, Tokyo, Japan
- Organiser Chair, TQC 2017, 150 participants, Paris, France
- Co-organiser, Physics and information 2015, 50 participants, France
- Local Organiser, QCRYPT 2014, 200 participants, France
- Co-organiser, Quantum Physics and Computer Science School, 50 participants, France
- Co-organiser, Physics and information 2013, 50 participants, France
- Program committee, DCM 2010
- Program committee ICQNM 2008
- Co-organiser, Japan France Laboratory for Informatics (JFLI) meetings 2009 – present, 30 participants, France and Japan
- Co-founder and main organiser, Quantum Information in Paris (QuPa), 2009 - present, triannual seminarseries, 30 participants, France
- Main organiser, QuLink seminar series 2004 – 2007, Japan.
- ANR International France-Singapore project VanQuTe ``Validation of near future quantum technologies’’, 2017 – 2021
- Ville de Paris Emergences Programme project CiQWii ``Cryptography in a Quantum World: from inception to implementation'', 2012 – 2015
- Quantera project ShoQC "Short-Range Optical Quantum Connections", 2020 - 2023
- EU Flagship project QIA “Quantum Internet Alliance”, 2018 – 2021
- ANR Blanc project COMB ``Continuous variable measurement based quantum computing'', 2013 – 2016
- ANR EMERGENCE project QUANTUM-WDM ``Wavelength division multiplexing enabled quantum key distribution'', 2012 - 2014
- CHISTERA European Coordinated project HIPERCOM ``High performance coherent quantum communications'', 2011 – 2014
- CNRS PEPS project CCQD ``Cryptographie et Calcul Quantiques Distribués'', 2013
- ANR Blanc-International France-Canada project FREQUENCY ``Fundamental research in
quantum networks and cryptography'', 2010 – 2013
- ANR project COQC ``Quantum error correcting codes'', 2009 – 2012
- ANR project SEQURE ``Symmetric encryption with quantum key renewal'', 2008 – 2011
- Bilateral CNRS-JST (Japan) project ``Quantum computation: theory and feasibility'', 2008 - 2010
Commissions of Trust
- Scientific review committee ANR (2017 – 2019)
(Journals and Conferences)
- Editorial board, topic editor for Entropy
- Invited editor: Issue on quanutm verification, IOP Quantum Science and Technology
- Reviewer: PRL, PRA, PLA, NJP, J. Phys. A, J. Phys. B, Proc. Roy. Soc., J. Opt. B, IEEE, DCM 2010, DCM 2011, TQC 2010, TQC 2012, EUROCRYPT 2012, EUROCRYPT 2013, PrakashFest2014, QIP 2014, QIP 2020, Q-Turn 2020
(International Grant reviewer)
- Royal Society University Research Fellowships (UK), Slovak Academy of Sciences Programme, National Science Foundation (USA)
(PhD Thesis Examiner)
- Dan Llewellyn, rapporteur (University of Bristol,UK)
- Rafael Alexander, rapporteur (University of Sydney, Australia)
- Jerome Javelle, rapporteur (Université Lorraine, France)
- Einar Puis, rapporteur (University of Edinburgh, UK)
- Denise Maurice, Jury (Université Pierre et Marie Curie, France)
- Interviewed for ‘Au-delà du quantique : la découverte d'un nouveau monde’, Science et Vie, April 2019.
- Public lecture CNAM, A brief history of quantum computers, 20th Dec 2018.
- Fete de la Science 2018 in Sorbonne Univeristé
- Joint article describing the relationship between foundations and quantum information in popular science magazine La Recherche, 2015.
- Participated in scientific exchange on quantum computation for The Cournot Centre Foundation, 2014.
- Public evening event on research in Paris ‘Paris de la recherche’, ville de paris, June 2013
Up to date list of articles can be found on the public arxiv
Citations can be viewed on Google scholar.
Invited Conference Talks
- Simple verification of graph states and applications for quantum networks, Trustworthy Quantum Information 2017, Paris, France, 19-21st June 2017
- Verification of quantum information processing in quantum networks Quantum UK 2015, Oxford UK, Sept. 2015
- Flow of information and classical simulatability in MBQC and Adiabatic QC, QIPA 2013, HRI Allahabad, India, Dec. 2013
- N-party Hardy Proofs For Symmetric States, ISCQI 2011, Bhubaneswar, India, Dec. 2011
- Entanglement and flow in Measurement Based QIP, QICS, Obergurgl, Austria, Sept. 2008
- Entanglement and group symmetries: stabilizer, symmetric and anti-symmetric states, IICQI, Kish, Iran, Sept. 2007
- Bounds on classical capacity of multiparty LOCC quantum channels, TQC, Japan, Feb. 2006
Invited workshop talks
- Measurement based unitary designs and some applications, Quantum control and feedback : foundations and applications, Paris, 05-07 June 2018
- Certifying graph states and their use in quantum networks, Workshop for Quantum Repeaters and Networks, Seefeld, Austria, 25-26 Sept. 2017
- Causal order and simulation in the measurement based model, Quantum Information and Quanutm Simulation Day, Paris France, 19 Sept. 2017
- Sharing and verifying quantum information with differing degrees of trust, Mathematical tools for inforamation-theoretic security, Paris, France Sept. 2015
- Derandomizing quantum circuits: measurement based unitary designs, High dimensional problems and quantum physics, Champs-Sur-Marne, France, June 2015
- On non-linear extensions of quantum mechanics, Quantum mechanics seen through closed time-like curves, les Treilles, France, June 2013
- On the volume of local correlations and entanglement, Quantum Malawi 2013, Malawi, April 2013
- Exploring many body physics by entanglement and non-locality, Quo Vadis, Quantum Physics?, IOP Natal, Brazil, Mar. 2013
- An introduction to quantum cryptography, ISQW, ISI Kolkata, Mar. 2012
- Security from quantum coding, Workshop on Physical Layer Security, Paris, Sept. 2010
- Information flow in secret sharing protocols, ICQIT, Tokyo, Japan, Dec. 2009
- Overview of Measurement Based QIP, JST-CNRS, Sept 2008
- Local Discrimination and Multipartite Entanglement Measures, Workshop on Quantum Information Theory and Quantum Statistical Inference, Japan, Nov. 2005
Invited Colloquium talks and Panels
- Panelist on Quantum Internet and Quantum Networks, IEEE Quantum Week Satellite, Hyderabad, Oct. 2020
- Quantum Systems on Chips? Colloquium for the GDR SOC2, Paris, 13-15 June 2018
- Trust, Security and Quantumness, Colloquium GdR IQFA, Paris, France, Nov. 2016